There are many reasons why a mum would want to make money online.
- She might be a single mom, or her husband is unemployed.
- She wants to continue working to buy her own things.
- She needs to have extra income.
Doesn’t matter in which reason you fit, the thing is that there are many ways mums can make money online, and I’ll tell you some in this article.
What to Ask Yourself First
There are 3 questions you should ask yourself before go “job hunting” to make money online.
What am I interested in doing?
What do I do best?
What can I do?
Maybe what you do best is not what you have interest in, so you should follow that order of importance.
Write these questions in a piece of paper and think on the things you have interest in (examples are: trading, cooking, drawing). Then the things you’re good at, then the things you can actually do.
This process will help you find what you’re going to do online to get money.
If there is a single thing that answers these three questions (like “trading”, for example), then go for it.
4 Ways Mums Can Make Money Online
Making money on the internet is not as hard as you think. However, it requires a lot of research. And as much disposition as if you were looking for a job on the street.
Some ways of doing it require a lot of time but can earn you a consistent income, and some are good ways to get money quickly. You can try one or more at a time – there is no rule for that.
Here is my list of 4 things you can do as a mum to make money online:
1. Create a blog
Creating a blog is a common way to make money online that usually takes up a lot of time. But when your blog delivers great content, is optimized to the search engines. The it gets followers, you typically make a consistent income.
There are many ways to make money with a blog; the two most common are:
- Promote products as an affiliate – When you have a blog with followers and readers, you can promote products, services, or courses through your posts. You earn money each time a person clicks on your link and buys the product.
You can, for example create a blog in a specific niche that allows you to review beauty products, clothes, books, electronics, courses…
Being an Amazon affiliate is a great thing you can do, for example, but I recommend that you always approve the product yourself. Asking your followers to buy it without trying it first – risks trust if the product doesn’t work.
- Sell your products – I’ve seen a lot of blogs that have so many followers they started producing the things and selling them in an online shop. This is an excellent idea if you want to make a DIY blog, for example. If the readers like the things you’re producing and they don’t want to make them themselves, then they’ll buy from you. You can also create a course and sell it on your blog, especially if you have experience in a particular area.
2. Create a vlog
A vlog, which is a blog on video, usually using YouTube as a platform, is an excellent way to promote your blog and also make money online.
You can film reviews of the products you try and approve (and provide your affiliate link). Or create a lifestyle channel where you film yourself cooking, teaching recipes, cleaning tips, books and movie reviews… The possibilities are endless. You can even share your experience as a mom with other moms.
The things you should do if you’re interested enough to create a vlog is to ask yourself the questions placed before, set up your iPhone camera on a tripod, and go for it!
Freelancing is a fantastic way for mums to make money online – I know many mums who live from it. By freelancing, I mean offering a service to someone temporarily.
The hardest thing about it is getting customers, but if you want to work with the things you did before being a mum, there are several ways to do it:
- Reach out to your previous co-workers and bosses to offer them your services. Write them an email or call them to say that you are working from home. Many companies prefer to hire freelancers nowadays.
- Enter job boards online that offer remote work and send your curriculum – some of these jobs on job boards are contracts in which you work full-time for the company, and not as a freelancer.
- Reach out to people on your field of work on LinkedIn and send them a message offering your freelancing services.
If you want to start working with something new, an excellent way to do it is studying a lot about it and then offer your services in platforms like Freelancer, Workana, or Upwork, in which the people who need the services place an offer and you propose your services to them.
They usually pay less, but the jobs are quicker, and it’s a way you can build experience in the new field you want to enter.
This is the thing that I do the most, besides owning this blog. Trading is a wonderful way to make money online but is one of those things that take some time at first.
We have many excuses not to trade, but you should get rid of them. I suggest that you trade at the same time you’re doing something else on this list.
Trading is a way to add value to your hard earned money by lending it to people and having it back with interests.
These are the best 4 ways mums can make money online.
Which one are you going to try first? Let me know in the comment box below!
Recommended reading for new traders: